Monday, October 21, 2019

Poor Judd is Dead


Nothing Ever Ends...


Although my television is on most of the time, I don't really sit and watch many shows.  It's mostly background, the news, a music channel, old sit-coms running as I work around the house.  Most of the shows I covered feverishly when they first aired (American Idol, Big Brother, American Horror Story, Greys Anatomy) I barely watch, most have long since been deleted from my DVR.


I sat down, actually watched, and thoroughly enjoyed HBO's Watchmen on Sunday Night. I also never saw the film version, nor read the book,  but I think in this case, that may be an advantage. I almost didn't  watch as I both loved and hated aspects of creator Damon Lindelof's last show The Leftovers.  Some episodes were brilliant, others.... incredibly boring.  I was also frustrated at how much of the cast were off screen for long periods of time.  My love for Regina King however won out.  Like others, I was just a kid when first introduced to Regina on 227, and like many, have followed her career since. 

The Harrad Experiment (1973)

At almost seventy, Don Johnson has lost little of his sex appeal.  I regret it took me so long to see how hot he was.  I never got his appeal until a few years ago.  I did a birthday post and after seeing some young promotional shots, got to love the actor and much of his early film work. So much so, Johnson has become a favorite to write about on the site. (HERE:)

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

The Watchmen has an incredible cast, many of whom, (Jean Smart, James Wolk) have yet to appear.  A stand out in the first episode was the ultra hot Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.  Yahya plays Angela (King's) husband in the series and gives us a brief flash of butt in the pilot.  I first noticed Yahya in an episode of The Black Mirror and am glad to be seeing more of him in a regular role.

The reviews I checked out today focus a lot on the shows themes, and how relevant they are.  Although true, I found myself getting into the show not so much due to story, but due to the characters, and relationships between them.  There is history is a mystery I look forward to watching play out in future episodes.

No comments: