Monday, October 21, 2019

Instagrams That Inspire: Angelspins


'Most of those photos showcase my flexibility both physically and mentally. I’m ready for whatever the photographer throws my way and add my twist to it. Some are just photos at the beach taken by my partner because he knows I like to be artsy.'


One of the first things I do when featuring a model is head to their Instagram.  I like to get a feel for the model that I profiling before beginning.  A model's Instagram can give a glimpse into they are and often help me come up with questions to shoot back.  Although many models included professionally shot images, the images that give away the most are usually the ones taken by friends or the model themselves.


I first profiled San Francisco based model and dancer Angelspins last summer, (Capturing Angels) featuring his work with NICKET.  NICKET is one of my favorite photographers to feature, and loved his shots of Angel. Before beginning the piece, I headed to Angel's Instagram to help me put together the questions for the interview.  I spent far too much time scrolling through, and enjoying Angel's posts. 


Angel's Instagram had a mix professionally shot photos, as well as many selfies and images shot by his partner and friends.  Angel's images also solidified that Angel perfectly fits both his images and his personality.  I imagine Angels as quiet, but quick.  Flying through the sky with and a beautify and elegant ease that shines for the few fortunate it enough to see, and capture them.


Some of my favorite shots were from Mike Tossy and StudioMGPhotography, both sets, I was fortunate to be able to feature this past summer. (HERE:)  With Mike, Angel danced through the water, with StudioMG, he flew through the air. 


Marshall's Beach

'F*ck Sweater Weather! Let’s bring back Naked Weather!'


Next 3 Shots from August Images

There were so many other shots I loved, I had to focus a specific post on some of my favorites.  Angel's energy is definitely contagious!  Angel has an incredible body, athletic and flexible, but he shares that modeling has actually helped him get comfortable in his own skin.  This beautiful flows through in front of the camera.




It's always nice when models share images of their friends, especially when they also drop trou for a shot!

No comments: