Monday, November 16, 2020

12 Days: Mark Ghanimé in Candy Cane Christmas

A woman searches for a new tradition to lift her holiday spirits when her neighbors decide to skip the annual Christmas decoration festivities.


After an admittedly 'half-hearted' boycott of the Hallmark channel at the end of last year, I watched my first Christmas movie of the season this past weekend.  Technically, Candy Cane Christmas was produced by Lifetime, but to be honest, I didn't really know that when I watched.  My boycott, mostly based on the lack of diversity may have been well intended, but ultimately, I didn't really put too much effort into it.


A lack of effort, is really why these 'paint by numbers' films work so well, and can be so enjoyable and distracting during difficult times.  The last couple of months have been challenging for me personally, so I didn't give myself too much of a hard time for escaping down Candy Cane lane.  It was especially easy to escape such such a beautiful guide in the form of actor Mark Ghanimé.


In addition to being 'easy escapes',I also love Hallmark and Lifetime films to check out the holiday hunks.  I love finding nude scenes of the actors playing strait laced holiday hero's, and I love even more discovering actors I hadn't been introduced to before.  The latter was the case with Canadian actor and producer Mark Ghanimé.


Ghanimé may be familiar to many viewers for his many guest-starring and regular roles on television.  Although born in Alberta, the now Vancouver based actor has appeared on a wide array of shows, most which were based or filmed in Canada.  Some of the actors appearances include roles on Emily Owens M.D, Reign, Private Eyes and Helix. Ghanimé also currently co-stars on the series The Wedding Planners


Private Eyes (2016)

Although Ghanimé hasn't done any nude scenes that I could find, his smile and charisma was off the charts.  In Candy Cane Christmas he played, what else, a small town vet with a heart of gold.  Surprisingly single of course, as one can only be in a holiday romance film.  Male leads are always a bit wounded in holiday films.  Not wounded to the point of being damaged, but just wounded enough to be single and ready when he runs into a former female tv star, in this case, when buying a poinsettia for his aunt.


Reign (2015-2017)

No comments: