Wednesday, November 25, 2020

A Simple Thanksgiving: Lucas by Studio1x


No ghosts or goblins and trick-or-treats,
No candy or flowers for your sweets. 
No gifts to buy or presents to give,
Just be THANKFUL for the life that you live. 


It's understandable why many are struggling with having a simple Thanksgiving this year.  Most of the other major holidays have noisy and colorful distractions.  Halloween has candy and costumes; Christmas has Santa and presents and Easter has bunnies, of both the furry and chocolate variety.  Thanksgiving at it's core, is really about food, and sharing that food with those you love.


Although I get the disappointment, I don't really get the anger.  It's not like people really want the holiday cancelled, they just want the big gatherings postponed, and ensure this Thursday's celebration is done safely,  and on a smaller scale.  I understand the struggle, but it's not an especially arduous one for me. 


Over the last several years, I've alternated spending Thanksgiving with family one year, and friends the other.  Although my extended family have a huge dinner at my aunts, my parents used to only go every second year.  This meant one year, we had a quiet dinner with out immediat family, and the year they went to the big event, I spent the day with my friends.  That to, was usually a small gathering, just my best friend and his wife, their daughter, and sometimes one or two of their neighbours. 

This year, it was to be the family gathering, but given it's going to be the first Thanksgiving without one of my parents alive, it's just going to be me and my brothers family.  I'm looking forward to a small, quiet afternoon with my family.  I like a big celebration, but in our family, that was always at Christmas.  Over the years that has also scaled down as people have gotten older, and kids have moved away, but if there's a day I'll miss a big gathering, it will be a month from now.

Given the pandemic, and a need for a simpler holiday this year, Jim from Studio1x decided this year's Thanksgiving shoot needed a clean focus.  One model, and some traditional Thanksgiving decorations.  If you remember, Jim went all out at Halloween with his American Psycho shoot, smoke,  a chainsaw, and buckets and buckets of blood.  


As you can see from Jim's beautiful shots of Lucas, simple can be incredibly alluring. Despite having a less complicated theme to light and shoot, Jim says he and Lucas still had a lot of fun.  Both were laughing when Lucas almost fell on his face while undressing for a shot.   I mean, really, what more would need for a pleasant holiday than a few decorations, the gorgeous Lucas, and maybe some turkey and stuffing.  Speaking of turkey's.... check more of Lucas on THE NEXT PAGE.  The plaid is peeled off, and that turkey, it requires a baste... 





No comments: