Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Gobbler's Retribution

'You only like me for my breasts....'
The Thanksgiving Turkey


Turkey's get a bad wrap, despite their reputation, they can actually be quite social and friendly if in a trusting relationship with a human.  Turkey's certainly get the rotten end of the stick at Thanksgiving.  I always found it rather morbid how many Thanksgiving images and decorations include turkey's, given their sacrificial role in the festivities.  

Art from Garik Aliev

A few years ago, I began posting artwork with the theme of 'turkey's revenge'.  It began with the image just below, and since then, I have tried to add new art pieces each year when I could find them.  Given how many turkey's are being fried, stuffed and roasted today, I liked the thought of celebrating the bird featuring images with them fighting back and getting a little retribution on those trying to capture, kill, pluck and stuff them.

Art from Lord Iron

This year, I'm thrilled to include an new and original art piece from Roy from badsign769.  I first discovered Roy's work close to two years ago and have been enjoying following his work and featuring it when I can, especially on the holidays.  As you can see from Roy's image below, the turkey's have teamed up and it looks like our hot pilgrim is about to get  his giblets cut, carved and castrated...  
 
badsign769 on Instagram | Twitter

No comments: