Wednesday, June 23, 2021

How The Sausage Gets Made: Ash by Andrew Bowman


'Here's a few new edits of Ash from the hide the sausage game.'


FH readers are familiar with UK based model Ash.  I was first introduced to Ash by photographer Mark Leighton and I've had the pleasure of featuring his work several since.  A couple of months ago, I noticed an image of Ash I really loved by photographer Andrew Bowman. I knew that Andrew had  worked with Ash and the image inspired me to reach out about featuring their work together.

Andrew generously went back to the shoot and edited and sent on dozens of new images from his work with Ash. I featured the first set this past April. (The Clumps)  When Andrew sent on the shots, he titled the set, the  Ash hides the sausage game.  Andrew's comment had me curious...  FH readers know I love story, especially about process and the details about how a shoot comes together.  With Ash, I was curious not just about how the sausage was made, but why this case, it was mostly hidden.


If any of you purchased Mark Leighton's book The Journey, (HERE:)  you know Ash is not shy about frontals.   Some may have even spotted a couple in previous pieces on FH.   Sometimes however, both photographers and models like to switch it up a bit.  Ash is also keenly aware that too many frontal shoots can lead to viewers losing interest, and a quicker end to modeling career. So for for this shoot, Andrew and Ash decided they'd try to get a little creative.


 'I exchange messages with models before shoots to see what their limits are. Normally i can see from their profiles on Purpleport and Model Mayhem etc. Generally I don't pay models which can also be a factor, especially if other photographers offer them payment. I quite like doing implied nude on occasion - preferably if a few pubes are showing!'


I whole heartily agree with Andrew, and respect Ash's choice.  I know of many models who did dozens and dozens of full frontal shoots, all within a short period of time.  Soon, viewers were bored and it became more difficult for them to create anything new and unique to excite new viewers.  This philosophy is one I not only respect, but also follow with FH


I try to mix up my posts with full nudes, implied and physique and underwear shots. I know this helps sustain my interest and excitement in putting together new pieces, and hope it does the same for those who check out the site.    I would much rather a photographer send on a set of creative images with implied nudity, than an uncreative set of penis pics. There is a difference between images that tantalize and tease, and those that just just try to trick or exploit the viewer.  Andrew's shots of Ash certainly tantalize and provoke.  They also leave me both wanting to see more,  and at the same time, leave me completely satisfied and fulfilled



No comments: