Friday, August 14, 2009

'Guy And Dolls' by Don Pollard



One of the reasons I try to research those I post about is that it often leads me to discover a new artist I had not been aware of in the past. That is what happened when I was researching some of the work of Guy Tang. I have posted a couple of times about Guy the last couple of weeks, but his shoots with photographer Don Pollard really stood out to me.

Don says:

"It is extremely important for both the model and photographer to keep up-to-date and dynamic portfolios. The modeling industry is in constant change. Fashion, style, trends, hair, make-up, and attitude determine the current "look" and drive the industry. You must be ready to show your work at all times and it must be trendy.

As a photographer, my product is simply a marketing tool for you the model. My photographs become your visual resume. They will be seen by countless agencies and related organizations and that is why I take such great pride in my work."


'Mannequin'


Dynamic certainly fits Don's work with Guy. I also find his work provocative, colorful, alive and most of all Erotic as hell! Guy and Don seem to have parallel goals in their work. To produce edgy, memorable images that show how amazingly sexy Asian men can be. Be sure to check out much more of Don's work at his official site HERE: As always you can see more of Guy at his Myspace Page HERE: and his site HERE:




'Guy and Dolls'



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now there is some amazing work

Unknown said...

Love Don's work. LOVE IT.

Anonymous said...

Love Don's work as well! So great! Guy ain't bad either

Anonymous said...

Great Post Tye!