Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kudos to Chandler Massey



I have not had much time to watch much television lately but did begin setting my dvr to Days Of Our Lives again a few weeks ago after reading that the show finally officially committed to Will's coming out storyline. Chandler Massey seems like a great guy, sensitive and proud of the storyline and touching carefully but succinctly on the right notes of confusion, anger and pain. I have never seen, only read, about other soap opera coming outs but this one is hitting close to home for me and I look forward to watching it unfold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

American soaps fail to portray the passion involved in a good gay storyline. They tend to push them on the asexual side of the spectrum. If you want to see a good gay storyline you have to check out the foreign ones on youtube like Christian and Oliver and also John Paul and Craig. But I do have to give Kudos to Days of Our Lives for giving Will the epic scene when he called his mother a b*tch and then called himself a son of a b*tch. Loved it!

-Chris

Unknown said...

DOOL already has one gay guy (Sonny, in the green shirt in the photo) and they RARELY bring it up. When he first came to the show it was "sling the closet door ope and SCREAM "I AM GAY" for everyone to hear. Hopefully "Will" will get better writing for his charachter. I suspet he and Sonny will be getting together. I have noticed a lot of casual touching lately.