Saturday, August 25, 2018

Prime Time Supporters: Adam David Thompson in The Sinner


I remember last summer being intrigued by the previews for the Jessica Beil series The Sinner. As interested as I was, I never actually managed to watch any of the series. This year, the preview again got my attention and last week, caught Part 1 of the second season.


Not only did the preview above hook me immediately, the fact that the incredible Carrie Coon (The Leftovers, Fargo) was in the cast was an added bonus. The Sinner also brings Billy Pullman back to the screen. Pullman indeed looks a bit older, but has lost none of sex appeal as Harry Ambrose, a detective who returns home to help solve a set of possible murders.


The suspect is an 11 year old boy, who is thought to have murdered his parents. As part one comes to a close, the story takes a turn, undoing much of what we thought occurred in the first 30 minutes of the show. Actor Adam David Thompson plays Adam Lowry, one half of the couple who doesn't live past those same 30 minutes. Before he hits the floor however, he hits something else, getting in one last climax before his end.


I must be in a 'beard' phase, because as soon as I saw Adam on screen I was thinking how hot he was. Many of you know the accomplished actor from his work on TV in shows including Mozart in the Jungle and Godless. I have heard and read things about Godless and after seeing Adam in The Sinner, have to give it a look.

The Sinner, Season 2, episode 1

No comments: