Sunday, June 7, 2020

The Boy Next (to the) Door: Elvis by Male Beauty by bengie


'There's something romantic about French doors, especially when they act as the visual gateway to a quiet farm in the English countryside. Although the setting is static, each model changes slightly how the doors are presented. Their bodies and poses, personalities and fashion, (if any) and the angles Bengie uses make each image distinctive.'


It's always fascinating for me, to both know and appreciate, why I'm drawn back to the work of a particular photographer.  For some, it's about the model in focus, but in most cases, it's something more.  Even when I love a particular model, I'm not always in love with how an artist chooses to shoot them.  When I'm drawn to a model, it's about how I view them.  When I'm drawn to an image, it's about how their viewed by the artist.


In the case of Male Beauty by bengie, the view is always spectacular. There's no equivocation in bengie's focus, with a limited amount of tease, with little to no need for fashion.  Bengie' imagery spotlights the sensual and erotic side of his subjects in all their naked glory.  With minimal fashion, and without many props, bengie's images have an organic feel, enhanced by the locations that uses in his shoots.


The studio bengie uses is his home in Cheshire England, and he utilizes both the inside, and the barns and fields which surround it.  One of my favorite places that bengie often uses is his back patio, with models posing in front of the French doors.  One of my favorite profiles of bengie's work was from 2015 and focused on various models posing in front of the French door. (HERE:)


At the time of the piece, bengie hadn't shot with Elvis yet, so when I saw images of Elvis on the patio, I knew they needed a feature of their own.  Many FH readers might remember from my featured with Elvis from last year. (HERE:)  Elvis creates such beautiful lines and poses and there's an energy in his work that's both captivating and erotically engaging.  Check out a few more shots of Elvis on the patio on PAGE 2 HERE:





Male Beauty by bengie on FH

No comments: