Friday, December 4, 2020

Superstore


'They're getting theirs shift together.'


In addition to enjoying the trend of hot guys walking down aisle of box stores and mooning I've also been enjoying the box store at the heart of NBC's Superstore. Although the show is currently in it's sixth season, I only started watching this past fall.  I really loved America Ferrera in Ugly Betty, but it wasn't until reading an article about her living the sit-com that I checked it out.

There was something about the show that put me off watching, and I'm sorry I waited so long.  It's got a great group of actors and an even greater group of characters and I've been laughing my way through binging the first two seasons.  Some of the characters are a bit over the top, meaning some get a little annoying during a binge watch, but the shows been a wonderful distraction that I recommend you check out if you haven't already.

Ben Feldman (Jonah)

'He does look like a male Tinkerbell...'


In addition to having a talented cast, there are also (duh) a few guys who drew some extra attention.  Actor Ben Feldman is not only adorable, but he very quickly had me both curious and invested his his character.  I was interested both in his characters life before working at the Superstore, and his relationship with Amy. (Ferrera)

Jon Barinholtz (Marcus)

I've long had a crush on Ike Barinholtz, but never knew he had an equally adorable and talented younger brother. Now Barinholtz's character is more than a bit creepy (boob cheese???) but like Cheyanne, he's also completely bangable. 


Given my love of seasons, I love how the show follows the course of the year.  As Amy explains in the pilot, working at a box store is like the repeating the same day over and  over, with only the decorations being different.  Just as those back to school sales are over, it's time to decorate for Halloween, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, St. Paddy's Day, and then prepare for summer.  Anyone who visits box stores, knows full well the holidays start months before the actual day.  Most of us have gone into a store just after New Years only to see the Christmas decorations coming down, and the Valentine decorations going up.

Mark McKinney (Glenn)

I never really watched Kids In The The Hall, but when I was a kid I remember my older brother loved it.  The few times I saw it, or images of the cast, I always thought Mark McKinney was the cutest one.  After the Canadian sketch comedy was cancelled, McKinney had a short, very short stint on Saturday Night Live, but his turn as Glenn, the stores's Christian, but morally awkward Glenn, is his most widely seen role in awhile. 


No comments: