Saturday, September 26, 2026

Conservative Conundrum...


This week, I checked out a few minutes of the season premiere of The Voice.  I don't tend to watch the show from beginning to end, but there have been some memorable performances in the audition and battle rounds.  New to the judging team this season are Queen Latifah and Riley Green.


As much as I like to think I'm current, I'd never seen, or even heard of country superstar Riley Green.  If I had, I know I would have remembered.   I'd have remembered, as he's incredibly hot.  It wasn't just his look, but the way he talked, walked and carried himself, literally sex on a long country stick.


Whenever I feature a celebrity on the site, I try to do a bit of research.  It's not that I wouldn't go ahead if there were some problematic issues, it's more that I would note them.  Now maybe I'm a little bias, but I tend to look a little more closely when it's a country music star.  It's not that all country music stars are conservative, many are not.  I also have great friends who are conservative and Republican, and try not to let politics get int he way.  I do have a line however with MAGA.  It's because I don't consider MAGA a political organization, they have little or no core values.  They've jumped on and used the Republican party as a starting point, but then to me, very quickly morphed into a racist hate group.


When I researched Green, it was difficult to tell where he stood politically.  Conservative and Republican most likely, but Green publicly states he's not political, and avoids making political statements.  That doesn't mean he is or is not something, but it did have me thinking.  There are traits to MAGA that I see in many of his followers, just look at the hate spued by Dean Cain, Roseanne and Patricia Heaton.

Sometimes celebrities surprise you, like Wayne Gretzky.  Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised, but I met Gretzky years ago when he did a charity event for an organization I worked for.  I remember his taking questions from the press, and came across as caring and broad-minded.  With Riley Green, I didn't pick up any MAGA vibes, just the opposite in fact.  Maybe I was too overcome by his hotness.  Time will tell, but I think I'll have to watch more of The Voice, for research purposes of course...

No comments: