Saturday, January 17, 2009

Special Birthday Wishes today to: Betty White



I am not sure there is anybody more beloved in show business than Betty White. It is hard to imagine why someone would not love Betty. I was 10 years old when 'The Golden Girls' came on tv. I have such wonderful memories of sitting down with my parents watching this show. I am sure many of you can relate to the experience of enjoying the show, not just for the watching of the show itself, but my loving to watch my mother watch it. There is something about watching a parent enjoying something, laughing that is so memorable to a kid. I think my eyes were as much on her as the show itself. I thank Betty for this, and all the women on the show. I have tried to watch GG again on DVD, and although I see the greatness, I simply do not enjoy it as much as when I was a kid watching with my parents.



Betty White loves to work and loves her fans. She has no issue with appearing in feature films, tv guest spots, game shows and soap operas. Her work ethic, her talent, her work with animals, her humanity are all reasons I love her. I also sense a deep sadness in Betty over the years, a lonliness since the death of her husband that makes her ability to bring such joy all the more significant. Happy Birthday Betty who today turns 87 years young!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Betty White is great. Loved her as Sue Ann Nivens and tireless efforts on behalf of animals.