Thursday, August 12, 2010

"Waking up in a Dream Inside a Dream" by Samuel Boux



Last month photographer Chris Teel introduced FH to the beautiful and talented Samuel Boux. As great looking as Samuel is, his music is something that has really become a regular part of my life. I used to generally have alternative rock blaring as I got ready for work in the morning, but Samuel's music is not not only something that gently eases me into my day but also gently helps close each day. With the daily stresses of life the beauty and soothing quality of Samuel's acoustic guitar certainly has been a welcomed gift.



From Samuel's bio on REVERBNATION:

"Started to play guitar february 2008 after I got back from a 3 weeks trip to Costa-Rica, i wanted to start playing when I saw this acoustic guitar player in the streets, he amazed me so well that I bought his CD and decided that the first thing I am gonna do back from the trip, is to start playing guitar. I first find this old ragged guitar in the closet that my father played in the 70s, when I got enough money I bought myself a 300$ brand new Takamine Black acoustic guitar that I recorded all my tunes with. It was a lot of tries and mistakes but after 1 year of practicing everyday for couple hours, I started to compose songs, its worth mentioning that I only pick with my fingers no picks.
Also playing a bit of piano sometimes."


Samuel moved from Canada to Northern California two months ago and only got his computer back a couple of weeks ago. Samuel quickly recorded and shared his new song "Waking up in a Dream Inside a Dream" which I strongly encourage you to listen to at REVERBNATION HERE:



When I first saw the shots Chris sent me of Samuel for the first post I commented that Samuel reminded me of Puck from 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'. Chris said that he had taken another series of shots of Samuel where he was thinking the same thing. These amazing shots are from that shoot. When I first saw the results of the shoot I was sure it was from weeks of carefully planning a concept, Chris tells me it was just the opposite and that the concept almost didn't happen.

"It certainly wasn't planned when we began shooting that day. It was a combination of events that came together. From the stylist bringing extra props that hadn't been requested, to the manager of a B&B who saw us shooting another concept in the alleyway and offered us use of his restaurant and kitchen spaces which were under construction. We stumbled across this tiny little stage in the bar and I saw this large light. The electricity was on and the light worked, the stylist whipped out a pair of horns he happened to have in his bag, Sam dropped his pants and the shoot was underway!"
Chris Teel

As always Check out Chris Teel's amazing website HERE: and his blog HERE:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! :) Sam's a beauty, the photography is awesome!! And his music is phenomenal!!!

Brian said...

Really beautiful post Tye!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the music link. great pics too!