Sunday, July 4, 2010

Samuel Boux by Chris Teel



Samuel Boux has a beautiful face. Samuel Boux has a beautiful body. But after spending the last half hour listening to his music, I would have to say it is his fingers, his talent, that I love the most. Before you do anything else, you must head to Reverbnation and click on his cover song Zanarkand. Sit back, close your eyes and let it take over.

The 21 year old French Canadian recently moved to San Francisco to pursue modeling and music on a full time basis. Chris Teel, who was introduced to Samuel on Model Mayhem was able to connect with him in Montreal before Samuel headed South.



Chris Teel says:

"Sam reminds me of an old soul living in a young man's body - he's very introspective and wise beyond his years. He's very secure with who he is and focused on realizing his dreams. He lives a vegan lifestyle (he's lost over 70 lbs in one year as a result of his diet)."

Chris tells me the shoot with Sam took place at a B&B he stays at when in Montreal. "The owner likes what I do so he lets me use various areas, indoors and out to shoot. These shots were taken in the alleyway behind the B&B, about a block from a major street."

There is something almost preternatural about Samuel. His beauty, his eyes, especially as captured through Chris's lens, an almost mythical quality about him. When I first saw these shots I was reminded a bit of 'Puck' from Midsummer Night's Dream. I of course had to ask Chris about the feathers.

"Originally we were going to do a 'punk'-inspired shoot but after working with Sam for a couple of hours on other concepts, and after getting to know his personality, the punk shoot didn't feel like it was going to work. Its important to me that the model's personality comes through in the image and we were fortunate in that the stylist who was helping out happened to have a feathery headband in his bag. He put it on Sam's head and we knew, at that moment, the direction we needed to take for that part of the shoot. The end result is, I think, one that combines fashion and nature, portrayed by a sexy young man in touch with himself and the world around him."

These shots are just a small sample of Chris and Samuel's work together. I encourage you to head over to Fine Art Photography By Chris Teel to see much more of Samuel!

Thanks to Chris Teel for sharing his work with FH!



Samuel Boux
Stats:

Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 130 lbs
Waist: 27
Hair color: Black
Hair length: Medium
Eye color: Brown
Skin color: White
Experience: Some Experience







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmm
He is something special

Seth said...

he is amazing and I agree about the music.
thanks tye

Bobby said...

You-hoo! I see the two of you dangling there. Very nice.