Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Truly, Madly, Deeply


Valentines is such an odd little holiday. In general, holidays seem at their core, a way to bring people together, yet for many, end up doing the opposite. When you're a kid, eating chocolate and giving cards to your homeroom class seems pretty harmless, but as you get older, Valentines takes on an edge. I remember some incredible February 14th's when I was in my late teens and through my 20's, romantic dinners, wine, flowers and chocolate, love, sex, the whole nine yards.

I also remember a few that had me wanting to slit my throat. Painful Break-ups, relationships ending, unrequited love, especially when you're young, can make February 14th a painful pit of sorrow. You can't enjoy the day or stomach the food or even the candy. Being older doesn't mean the pain of a break up is any easier, but most of us have toughened up a it. Regardless of what we're going through, we've learned no matter how what's going on, not mater how bad it is... Enjoy the food, eat the candy, and most of all, drink the wine. Happy Valentines to All!

1 comment:

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Ha!
Yep, age does give us a little bit more of cover for matters of the heart.
Happy Valentine's

xoxo