Sunday, July 21, 2019

The Men of Big Little Lies

Jeffrey Nordling (with Camryn Manheim in Love Hurts)

With the exception of James Tupper, all of the main supporting cast male cast members of Big Little Lies have dropped trou for projects prior to joining the HBO drama.  Some, like Alexander Skarsgård and James Nordling (below) have even lost their pants on the show.  It was interesting deciding on my favorite nude scenes.  Although some, like Skarsgård and Adam Scott have done numerous nude scenes, for the most part, my favorites ended up being the first time I saw them sans pants on screen.


I first noticed actor Jeffrey Nordling (Gordon Klein) when he played one of the hot daddies on the ABC drama Once & Again. I never watched the show when it aired, but loved Billy Campbell and devoured the show on DVD.  Other than his brief butt flash on BBL, I believe Nordling's on nude scene was in the 1993 TV movie, And The Band Played On.  The EMMY winning film featured an all star cast in TV movie and focused on the early days of the AIDS epidemic.

And The Band Played On (1993)

Alexander Skarsgård

So Alexander Skarsgård has done dozens of nude scenes, including his frontal in the last season of True Blood.  I first saw Alexander just before he put in his fangs starting the HBO min-series Generation Kill. Although the nude scene is not meant to be sexy, it was my first view of the Vampire ass I would soon come to covet.

Generation Kill

Adam Scott

Now Adam Scott (Ed Mackenzie) has been naked a lot on screen, most notably, his numerous nude scenes in the short lived one season of the HBO show Tell Me You Love Me. (2007)  With so many nude scenes to go through, Scott might be a great candidate for a future outing of Actors & Skin..

Tell Me You Love Me (2007)

Although I believe there's a brief frontal in the first episode, there was a prosthetic used in the scene where Adam gets a hand job. (below)


Douglas Smith

I've loved me some Douglas Smith since first seeing his adorable backside on HBO's Big Love.  Although Douglas played a teenager, he had actually just turned 21 before the series debut. Douglas has also had a couple of nude scenes on screen including the 2013 film, The Boy Who Smelled Like Fish. (HERE:)  With just one episode left, it doesn't look like BBL's is going to give more of Douglas's derriere, but I'm sure the talented actor will have many roles and opportunities in his future.

Big Love (2006)

No comments: