Friday, December 24, 2021

Best Laid Plans...


The Merriest of Christmas moments to everyone checking into FH 
for a few minutes this Christmas Day!


Christmas is always a time to look back, these days more than ever.  Last Christmas, I was sure that in 12 months, we'd be looking back at the misery that was 2020 in the rear view mirror.  But.. as we all knows, objects are closer than they may appear. Seems Covid was closer than we all thought, and once again this Christmas, we're in for a non-traditional less social holiday season.  

Like most of you, I'm tired of the pandemic, but even more, I'm tired of people complaining about the restrictions and limits.  The intent is to keep us alive and healthy, and given over five million citizens of the world have died from the virus, those of us still breathing are pretty fortunate. So I'll eat turkey with two people instead of eight, big freaking whoop!


To be honest, last year I didn't really mind my socially distant Christmas.  It was the first year without one of my parents alive, and our big family gathering was going to be different anyway.  It seemed almost a relief not to gather together, especially given my father had only recently died.  This year however, was going to be different.  I had family coming, and was looking forward to things getting back to normal.  Best laid plans...


I'm not complaining, I still have plans and sometimes, through change, and even pandemics, new traditions are born.  Last year on Christmas Day, I dropped off gifts and visited my Goddaughter and her parents.  I usually do it every year, but normally, we visit inside.  Last year, we went for walk on the beach near their home.  I love beach days, but oddly, more in the Autumn and winter than in the summer.


We exchanged gifts on a windy beach and even took a long a tiny tree to push into the sand.  This year, we're all looking forward to repeating the new tradition tomorrow afternoon.  There is no snow expected, so except for the bitter wind currently surrounding my home, I'm looking forward to the two hour drive to the beach.  Sure, it's not bacon wrapped chestnuts in front of the fire, but without the pandemic, beach days, would never have been apart of my Christmas day routine. 


No matter what your doing this Christmas, with goddaughters, family and friends, furry babies, or on your own, I wish you a Merry Christmas, and a few meaningful moments and maybe...the start of a new tradition or two.

2 comments:

jr73080 said...

Never seen these images, are there more and who is the model?

Tye said...

The nude model is credited as Richard Walter and the series is from The Athletic Model Guild