Friday, December 24, 2021

Tree Trimmer: Tim by Gordon Nebeker


'Like Santa's Elves, I'm certainly on the shorter side! I also love candy canes and wear tights in cold weather! '


I love tradition, especially at holidays and today mark's one of my favorites. This Christmas mark's the 6th anniversary since I first featured one of Nebeker Christmas Elves.  It was back in 2015 that photographer Gordon Nebeker first shot one of Santa's hot helpers decorating his home and trimming his tree. Since Mr. Herzog (HERE:) first decked those halls, several different enticing elves have climbed that stepladder, naked of course, to deck Gordon's halls and decorate and put the topper on his tree. 


Many of you will undoubtedly recognize this year's holiday helper.  I first featured the novelist with an exhibitionist streak back in 2014. (Beyond) Since then, I've enjoying more of Tim's work and his collaborations with Gordon.  We've seen Gordon shoot Tim around the house, (HERE:) underwater, (HERE) and for his book, Love In The Afternoon. (HERE:)

Tim makes the perfect Christmas Elf with his tight body and stature making it easy for him to deck the highest of halls and the tallest of tree's.  Given his love working in the buff, this holiday assignment was right up his alley.   When Gordon first sent on the results of the shoot, I had to smile at Tim's red speedo.  It was an image of Tim in a speedo, a blue one, that had me first drawn to his work as model.  I had to ask Tim about his passion for speedos, and his time as an Elf.  So, without further ado, an Elf on his Self.  


Where did your passion for speedos come from? 

My love of speedos goes back to being a teenager growing up in the countryside who had no access to erotica, only to National Geographics and encyclopedias and vintage magazines and so forth. Speedos were the closest thing to nudity that I was able to experience back then. The amount of exposure they permitted fascinated me. So did the thought of what that super-tight fabric stretched over my genitals would feel like. When I got my first speedo at 19 when I was in college, I also realized how no other guys were brave enough to wear them in public, even the ones who were on the swim team, so wearing a speedo gained the added attraction of being different and defiant of social norms. Plus the swimmer body has always been one of my physical ideals, and the swimmer body is inseparable from the speedo. 


Speedos have gone from being the norm on beaches to being rather rare. Has this had you re-think the choice, or embrace it even more 

It's made me embrace it even more. I try to set a good example to others by sporting a speedo. If we have to wear something at the beach, there is no logical or aesthetic reason why it shouldn't be speedos. And again, it's a way to defy social norms in a civilization that is increasingly cowardly about exposing the body. 

When I first featured your modelling work back in 2014, you were ambivalent about featuring full nudes. You seem to have embraced it, curious about the change? 

I've always loved nude modeling since my very first shoot in 2009. However, at the time we began talking, I was facing a lot of disapproval from certain family members and from someone I then considered a close friend, all of whom were trying to convince me that I shouldn't be flaunting my body online. Out of courtesy to them, I was trying to keep my work more discreet at the time. However, that pressure is no longer on me, so I'm now free to live my philosophy of promoting the nudist lifestyle and its physical, psychological, and ethical benefits through my exhibitionism. 


Do you remember how you and Gordon first connected? 

Absolutely! We met on Instagram, where I'd been following him for a year or so before I ended up taking a trip through Massachusetts one summer and he invited me to shoot with him. It's been a series of very fruitful collaborations ever since! -What was your first impression of Gordon and his of his work.? I fell in love with his underwater shots to start with. So few photographers do those and they're very unique. His soft lighting and use of graceful curves also appealed to me. So did his focus on nude models. His Lake Powell shoots were especially thrilling. I like elegant erotica that expresses how wonderful it is to be naked and sensual, and that's exactly what Gordon conveys in his work. 


Do you any stories or memories of your work together? 

Many! At our very first shoot, he shot a fantastic image of me in the lotus position underwater, which was challenging to get and took a few attempts, but which turned out so beautifully. Then there was last year's spring shoot with Conner out at the nudist resort in the middle of the Everglades. That was an amazing day of running around naked in the woods--and discovering an abandoned cabin that had obviously been rigged up to support a sex sling at some point much more recently! And this past spring we did a highly erotic shoot with another adorable model which I'm hoping will see the light of day soon.

Was Gordon's dog Benji around for the shoot?

Benji was fortunately away for the day. He always puts my spandex mesh shorts at risk with his jumping, haha.


What was your first thought when he asked if you'd be a Christmas Elf? 

I was delighted! I've always thought about doing a seasonal Christmas shoot each year. Last year I had a very fun shot to share that a talented friend of mine took. This year I was busy with a lot of other things and hadn't planned out what I might do, so when Gordon asked me to serve as his elf I was very excited.  I've never decorated a tree naked, though I was naked a lot while working on repainting the cabin of my sailboat if that counts as decorating.

Any new books or upcoming shoots or projects? 

Several: I have a new erotic novel coming out sometime in January. It's called Corran of the Mojave and explores how nudity, promiscuity, environmental awareness, and social and political freedom are all related. I'm also writing a nonfiction book on how human biochemistry influences cultural evolution. On the modeling front, I'm hoping to work with Henning von Berg during the next couple months, which has been a dream of mine since 2010. More prosaically, I'm in the process of selling my sailboat and moving back ashore, which has its complications but will make modeling and writing much easier.


Tim Parise on Twitter | Instagram

No comments: