Friday, December 24, 2021

Retrobeefcake: Silver Bells


'Ring-a-ling, hear them ring'


I think we all had a relative who had a fake silver tree.  In my family, it was my great aunt Gwen.  We weren't really close with Gwen or her family, but my father took us to visit her every Christmas.  I still remember her gaudy silver artificial tree.  It was on a table in her living room.  There were no lights on it, just a few red ornaments. 


I used to hate that tree, but as I get older, I look back on it's shiny silver limbs with fondness.  Whenever I see a silver tree I'm instantly taken back to my childhood and those Christmas visits. Now don't get me wrong, I can't see myself ever having a silver tree, well... not for a few decades, when I become a great uncle.  I do love the retro feel of silver tree's in imagery, especially when they're accompanied by a hot holiday hunk. 


I first featured the work of James Laws (Retrobeefcake) this past Halloween.  Since then, his 'retro' styled images have been a regular part of holiday celebrations on FH.  I love the images that James and his model friend create and the retro vibe so detailed in every shot. Pouches do make the most tempting wrapping for the most delicate of packages.

James Laws on Flickr 

No comments: