Thursday, October 13, 2022

I Confess

A priest, who comes under suspicion for murder, cannot clear his name without breaking the seal of the confessional.

I confess, I never really saw actor Montgomery Clift in anything until this month.  I knew his name, I think I knew he was a screen actor and idol, but beyond that, I was in the dark.  In part of it's creepy cinema series, TCM recently aired the 1953 Alfred Hitchcock directed I Confess

I was initially a little bored of the thriller, but quickly got sucked into the drama.  I enjoyed Anne Baxter, I loved seeing scenes in old Québec City, and loved looking into the incredibly handsome face of Father Michael Logan. (Clift)  


Father Michael remains in his collar and robe throughout the film, but Clift still manages to grab your attention, exuding intense sexual energy through his face and eyes.  Can't wait to see him in more films. I think Clift might just be at the top of my list of Hitchcockian hunks.


No comments: