Saturday, December 10, 2022

12 Days: Stephen Huszar in Undercover Holiday

'When returning home for the holidays, newly minted pop star Jaylen tells her protective family that her overzealous security guard Matt is, in fact, her new beau.'

I didn't love Undercover Holiday, but my love of actor Stephen Huszar had me hang in and stick it out.  The film was sort of a Hallmark Christmas version of The Bodyguard, but not nearly as good.  Not that The Bodyguard was actually a great film either, Whitney Houston certainly wasn't an actress, but  the music saved it from being a total dud.


The music in Undercover Holiday was pretty bland and unmemorable.   It didn't help that the female lead Jaylen was also pretty blandly written.  I've seen actress Noemi Gonzalez light up the screen in other roles, but she had little to sink her teeth into with this role.  Huszar's Matt however, had enough charm and charisma to make up for it.


I find myself repeating myself this year, with many of the holiday hunks in my 12 Days series.  In part, it's because I've been watching fewer movies, and the ones I have watched, usually feature one of the regular stable of Hallmark hunks.  


One of the first Hallmark Christmas films that I ever featured was The 12 Men of Christmas back in 2009. (HERE:) Actor Stephen Huszar was one of the calendar hunks in that film, and has appeared on network in many holiday films since since.  I also featured Stephen in 2018 after watching him in Return to Christmas Creek. (HERE:)


This year, I decided to take a bit of a deeper dive into the Canadian actor's resume, especially his resume of on-screen skin.  Check out the results on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

Stephen Huszar on Instagram


Shock to the System (2006)

No comments: