Tuesday, August 15, 2023

A Look Back: Summer Souvenirs


My passion for imagery of the male form motivated me to start FH almost 15 years ago.  Despite this passion however, when I first started, my knowledge base about photographers and artists was pretty basic.  I knew a bit about contemporary photographers, but didn't know much about the artists who paved the way.


Thanks to a loyal blog readers, I was introduced to the work of photographer Ken Haak and in 2013, did a day posts devoted to Haak and his work.  The blog reader not only shared his knowledge about Haak, he also scanned many images from one of Haak's most famous photo books, 1984's Summer Souvenirs


I ended up doing a full day of posts featuring Haak's work and it remains one of my favorite FH visual tributes to summer.  Although I just a child in 1984, I still remember the feel, the vibe and smell of summers in the 80's and could see and feel them all in Haak's images.  Check out the original post from 2013 HERE:

No comments: