Friday, December 1, 2023

12 Days: Scott Wolf in A Merry Scottish Christmas


'A Merry Scottish Christmas follows estranged siblings Lindsay and Brad as they travel to Scotland at Christmas to reunite with their mother Jo.'


Cooks Photography wasn't the only one traveling to Scotland this year, so did actors Lacey Chabert and Scott Wolf in Hallmark's A Merry Scottish Christmas.  This was the first Hallmark holiday film I've watched this season.  I've PVR'd several new ones, but didn't have time to watch any until this week.  I almost deleted this one before watching, but turned it on, and  liked it far more than I predicted that I would.


I knew of course Chabert and Wolf played siblings on Party of Five, but for some reason, I never really watched that show.  I tried a few times, but it never drew me in.  Maybe I'll try again if I ever see it streaming anywhere.   I was always however, fascinated with actor Scott Wolf.  I say fascinated, as I wouldn't quite say I was drawn to him physically, but there was something about him I both liked and was bugged by at the same time.


Wolf is indeed adorable, with his baby face and great smile.  I guess I always sort of thought he was just a little too 'cookie cutter' cute.  The former teen idol was often referred to as the television version of Tom Cruise, and I understand why.  Over the years however, Wolf won me over.  Unlike Cruise, whose personal life, and connection to Scientology is a turn off, Wolf's personal life seems far less problematic. 


I have also been impressed by Wolf's acting choices, both before, an after his turn on Party of Five.  With his face, and great body, he could have slid by playing high school hotties for years, but he branched out and had a decent film career, working with some great actors and directors, during the late 1990's and early 2000's.  

Party of Five:

Two of my favorite roles were Wolf's turn in Teenage Bonnie and Klepto Clyde, (1993) and in Go, (1999).  I also enjoyed Wolf's turn as Carson Drew in the recently cancelled Nancy Drew.   Although Wolf has certainly gotten older, he's now 55, his baby face has remained in tact, and to me, he looks hotter than ever.


I usually hate Hallmark movies that use 'Scotland' or 'Ireland' as locations.  Usually they're shot in sunny Los Angeles or in Vancouver, with Scottish and Irish background actors, but American actors with bad accents.  For this film, they didn't got to Scotland, but instead filmed at Barberstown Castle in Straffan, County Kildare, Ireland.  The writers also kept Chabert and Wolf as visiting Americans, so the accents stayed with the supporting cast members.


Wolf hasn't had many nude scenes over the course of his career, and a few that he has had, seemed to me, to be body doubles.  There are two brief scenes, where the crack in view, I believe to be his.  Check them out on the NEXT PAGE HERE:

1 comment:

JiEL said...

I always had a crush on Scott after seeing the White Squale where he was so gorgeous.
Many other nice young actors there but he was my favorite.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118158/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_7_nm_1_q_White%2520Squal