Sunday, March 24, 2024

En-Gaged


'She Loved it! ’ My mom is really cool and understanding about that kind of thing. She says I have the cutest butt in Hollywood, too.'


I think most of us would concur with actor Lukas Gage's mom, especially after his famous scene in the first season of The White Lotus.  I never saw the scene when it originally aired, I only binged the two seasons of the Mike White series last year.  I do however, still remember that Sunday back in 2021 when it first aired.


I was on-line, and after viewers watched Armond, (Murray Bartlett) dining on Dillon, (Gage) social media was abuzz with comments about the scene.  When I finally did see it, I was actually surprised how tame it was.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't something you see often on television, even HBO, but the shock was more the surprise than anything else.  When you knew it was coming, as I did, it was more comical than shocking, but still erotic and one of the shows most memorable moments.


I remember when I was first introduced to Gage through a blog reader named Nick.  Nick knew I loved movies with a holiday horror blend.  I'd written about my love of scary Christmas movies, and Nick suggested I check out the New Year's Eve themed horror flick, Midnight Kiss.  I followed Nick's advise, and really loved the film, and featured it on the site back on New Year's Eve 2020. (HERE:)


Although the cast of Midnight Kiss was full of hot, half-naked hunks, Gage had a quality that had you wanting to see more.  I felt the same thing when I was watching him on The White Lotus.  Although his scene with Bartlett was a stand out, his role of Dillon wasn't really that big.  Yet, I kept looking for him, even in the background of scenes, wanting to catch any little moments, especially when he and Jennifer Coolidge shared the screen. 


This engaging quality has kept the young actor busy, including turns on television shows including Euphoria, You and the last season of Fargo, and in films including his co-starring with Jake Gyllenhaal, (below) in the re-make of Road House currently airing on Prime. 


Thanks to his most recent turn as Billy in Road House, Gage has been making the rounds promoting the film with talk show appearances.  It was on a recent episode with Live with Kelly and Mark that he shared his mom's thoughts on cute butt, as well as his public apology to Shania Twain for wasting her time singing at his wedding to his now ex, Chris Appleton.



4 comments:

Darkness said...

How time flies can't believe it's already been 5 years since Midnight Kiss. Though Lukas is stunning looking I favoured Augustus Prew.

Abbagodz said...

I think it was Chris Appleton and not Stapleton that Lukas was with.

Tye said...

Thank you Abbagodz

Dave Irwin said...

He also did a gay black comedy film last year with Zachary Quinto called "Down Low" that has quite a number of sexy scenes as well. You should check that one out! :)