Tuesday, June 23, 2026

Rum Tum Tugger


 'Can you say of your bite that it's worse than your bark.'
Rum Tum Tugger


If anyone attended Broadway Bares this past Sunday night, they enjoyed featured performer, singer, actor and dancer Sydney James Harcourt.  Gone are the days when images and video from Broadway Bares hit the Internet within hours of the show.  The last few years, seeing images and videos has been a challenge.  I've read a few accounts however, that Harcourt was a stand-out, not surprising if you're familiar with his work.


I first noticed Harcourt's hotness and talent during his turn in the original cast of Hamilton.  I included Harcourt, (who played various roles, including as an understudy for Aaron Burr) when I did my tribute to the hit Broadway show last year. (HERE:)  I didn't include Harcourt when I did my Tony recap last week, (HERE:) as I was on the phone during the cast  performance from Cats: Jellicle Ball.  



I watched a few days later prior to erasing the recording from my DVR.  The performance was certainly a highlight from the show.  So much energy and joy, and a show so desperately needed in today's political climate.   I loved Harcourt's quick bit  at the beginning with Paul Rudd, and Rum Tum Tugger was certainly a sexy highlight.  Despite his seemingly natural expression of sexy, Harcourt says he wasn't also so comfortable in his own skin while growing up.


'Gene Kelly [in Singin’ in the Rain] is my masculine archetype of realness, and that brand of Tugger realness in particular. When I first heard that Tugger is like, the sexiest cat in the world, I just felt a little intimidated by needing to go out on stage and be the sexiest cat in the world.'


Harcourt has obviously grown into his hotness, and in addition to strutting it off on stage, recently appeared with and interview, and these hot images for Playgirl.com.  In addition to his role in Cats: Jellicle Ball, the talented performer also appeared on stage in shows including; Girl from the North Country, American Idiot and The Lion King. On film and television Harcourt appeared in roles in DOC, Blue Bloods, NCIS, Elementary and Law & Order SVU.  The Grammy winner is also  fierce advocate for the  LGBTQ+ community, as well as for diversity and inclusion in the arts. “Protect The Dolls.”



No comments: