Wednesday, September 7, 2022

12 Days: Tyler Harlow in Marry Me in Yosemite

'Zoe is a successful photojournalist, on request of her publisher she takes her next subject to be Yosemite. There, she meets Jack, an intriguing tour guide who opens her eyes to new possibilities as they take a journey together.'


Hallmark movies are a bit like comfort food, and I normally gravitate towards comfort food during the winter months.  I hadn't watched a Hallmark film in months until a week and a half ago when I caught the film Groundswell.  While I watched, there were frequent commercials for the upcoming Marry Me in Yosemite which aired this past weekend. 

The promo ads featured Hallmark staple actress Cindy Busby and the beautiful face of an incredibly hot actor I'd not heard of before.  The actor was Tyler Harlow, and those ads did the trick and I recorded the movie and watched last night.  The reason I'd never heard of Harlow before is because Marry Me in Yosemite marks not only his first Hallmark movie, but the first professional credit of his acting career. 

Tyler by Andrew M. Gleason

In addition to the stunning visuals of Harlow, there were also magnificent visuals of Yosemite Valley and park.  The land and environment, as well it's history and Native American connection were also weaved into the story.  This element for me, elevated the film beyond the usual tropes associated with Hallmark movies.  They were also part of the draw of the film for Harlow. 


'I hope people find a place to hear a story about the marrying of the visual aesthetic of wilderness with the need to preserve and conserve these beautiful places. I hope they feel a deeper affinity for those things and be inspired to seek some solace out in the wilderness on their own.' 
Tyler Harlow Interview, Digital Journal

Although I didn't recognize Tyler Harlow, some of you I'm sure are familiar with his work as a model.  Harlow has worked with with some of the most well known visual chroniclers of the male form, many of whom I've featured on FH.  Some of my favorite images of Tyler were taken by photographer Andrew M. Gleason.  I was first introduced to Andrew's work almost 10 years ago when a model I was profiling sent on his work with the Los Angeles based photographer for a piece on the site.  All of the modeling shots featured here were taken by Andrew.



No comments: