Monday, April 19, 2010

Who's looking out for Cindy Lou Who???



A couple of years ago I picked up season 1 of Gossip Girl. I really enjoyed the first season of this show and wrote several blog posts about how great season 1 was. Then came season 2. For some reason there seemed to something missing. The magic of season 1 was gone and I have not watched a complete episode since. I did buy season 2 on DVD last fall, but thus far nothing has motivated me to stick it in the machine. Is there a reason to? Please let me know.

One of my favorite story lines in season 1 wa The Humphrey family and their contrast to the other wealthy families shown. Actress Taylor Momsen played younger sister Jenny Humphrey and had some of season 1 most interesting story lines with her struggle to blend in yet remain herself in her new school and setting.

Actress Taylor Momsen appears to have had some struggles of her own. It was just announced that Taylor is either leaving the show, or at least not going to be shown as prominently next season. Before Gossip Girl, Taylor was best known for her role in the life action Grinch along side Jim Carey.



I always thought Jenny looked her best when dressed as she was above. This contrasts Taylor Momsen who more often than not is photographed as she appears below...



Taylor began GG at the age of 13 and today is still only 15. She is often shown smoking, swearing and looking like she is either getting ready work the pole in some strip club or looking like she is a street kid in need of a good meal and a shower. My question is who is looking out for this child. No matter how old she tries to look, she is indeed still a child. With all the press and trouble many young entertainers get in I question who is guiding Taylor. Given her age, I cannot hold her accountable for her behavior. Her parents, agents and even co-stars and co-workers on GG need to question how this child is behaving. She may want to be a rock star, but before that I hope whoever has any input with her, encourage her to finish school, put down the cigarettes, shut up and get her act together. If she were 18 or 19 I would still worry but she has been acting this way since about 13. Like little Cindy Lou Who it appears Taylor Momsen is facing the Grinch all by her lonesome.

No comments: