Saturday, March 20, 2010

Kudos to Damages



After recently completing the second season of Damages, I was pleasantly surprised how great it was. I thought the first season was so good that I was sure the show was going to suffer a bit of a sophomore slump. It didn't.

Certainly the mystery was not as intriguing as in season 1, but all in all the second seasons story held up quite well. Damages has made me a Ted Danson fan, and up til this show I never really liked him. Although I miss some of season ones characters (especially Zeljko Ivanek), I love how the show builds a new supporting cast each season. Also nice the show kept on Anastasia Griffith, who I think adds a lot to the show. William Hurt and Marcia Gay Harden stood out. I was less enthused about Timothy Olyphant's character who really only got in the way. There were plenty of characters out to get Rose Brynes's Ellen, that his character seemed unnecessary.

I must say I developed a wee crush on Glenn Kessler who not only played Agent L.J. Werner this season, but is also one of the shows writers and producers.



Glenn Close rocks each and every scene she is in and it was nice to see a focus on her family in the second season. I especially love her relationship with her son Michael (see more below) and hope it continues to get explored in future seasons. Already looking forward to season 3, which for me will wait until it's DVD release.

No comments: