Friday, July 8, 2011

Thumbs Down CBS, Big Brother & Allison Grodner



Thumbs Down to CBS, Big Brother & Allison Grodner for a couple of decisions with this summers edition of the reality show. Big Brother has been my summer guilty pleasure for more than a few summers (although I skipped a few seasons including the horrid winter edition). Why do reality shows like Big Brother & Survivor think the audience want to see old players back, we don't! The whole point of a show like Big Brother is to spend time getting to know new people and personalities. Throwing back recycled players is about as creative as airing a rerun. If you want to do an All-Stars go for it, but stop putting old players onto new additions. Jeff and Brandon were short lived eye candy (until their personalities took over) and viewers want new players to route for, drool over and hate!

Below: Brendon on cam


Most shocking, and it was shocking to me, was the shows decision to bring back the Dick from season 8. I know he has his fans (frightening to me), but live feed watchers know that in 'reality' Evel Dick was an abusive ass hole who tormented the other women (2 in particular) for months. His behavior was such that if not on a TV show, he would have been arrested. It was disgusting to see a TV show edit an abuser into a hero for ratings. His return this season had me vowing not watch. I may however have to begin watching if the rumors I have read today end up being true...

Thumbs down CBS and Allison Grodner for using such a vile and repugnant player for ratings and profit.

Below: BB season 11's (l-r) Jeff, Jordan, Jess and Braden.

1 comment:

Scot said...

I hope those rumors are true, I've read them in a few places today. If that dick stays on the show they've lost me as a viewer AGAIN for another season.
I've always thought Big Brother was a really great social experiment. No music, no television, no internet, just each other, for days, weeks and in some cases, months at a time. In the 70's they called these this an encounter session. I was in one back then. It was brutal.
By the way, remember Nathan Marlow? He was my favorite.