Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chris Zylka: Animal Attack



I consider myself someone who has fairly decent taste when it comes to the arts. But...there is one genre of movie that I am a little embarrassed to admit I enjoy. For some reason any film where an animal is unleashing death and destruction to a group of humans provides me endless pleasure. I love King Kong (the De Laurentiis version, not the Peter Jackson one), watch my DVD of the original Jaws at least once a year. Even love the horribly bad 1998 version of Godzilla.



I was not expecting much when I began watching Shark Night last evening, but I was pleasantly surprised. I would not say the movie was great, but was watchable, entertaining and held my interest. What really drew me, and held me at attention, was an early scene introducing actor Chris Zylka's Blake. Blake's wink and butt wiggle, (you must watch below) at the girl drawing his naked body in art class was a stellar introduction to an actor I really should have heard of before. Zylka not only looks like an Adonis, he has appealing screen presence that has me looking forward to seeing more of his 'work'.



Chris currently appears on The Secret Circle but will be seen by a much larger audience in the upcoming big screen retelling of The Amazing Spider-Man.



Chris in Shark Night (2011)



Shark by trevorbriggs





1 comment:

Bobby f said...

Tye, Tye, Tye...it is SPIDER-MAN, not SPIDERMAN. :-)

Chris is awesome in KABOOM--as is the male lead actor. It is a strange movie (as are most Araki films).