Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Just Because: John Slattery



Full Disclosure, I don't watch Mad Men. Not sure why, there is just something about the clips I have seen that don't pull me in. John Slattery on the other hand can pull me anywhere. It is time I picked up season one on DVD and experienced what all the fuss is about.



GQ is a magazine I only buy a couple of times a year. I understand and respect the magazine's desire to reach men of all ages, but it usually ends up somehow missing mine. Trying to meet the needs of men 17-70 means many ages in between cannot help but be left out. The issues I pick up seem either seemed aimed at teens or seniors. That being said it was a refreshing and sexy change seeing John on last months cover. John is described in print in many ways but given he is still not quite 50 I think old is a bit premature. Hot covers it nicely.



John in last months GQ




Below:
John with Elaine Stritch in The American Repertory Theatre Production of Cakewalk





Below: John in Red Meat (1997)


No comments: