Thursday, July 5, 2012

Burn Baby Burn!



In putting together FH, I always have my eye on future subjects and stories. Whenever I scan something that peaks my interest, whether I am doing blog work, or stuff more my job, I have a little folder and notepad that I put down idea's and throw in images so that I don't forget. Often however, they end up being an image I cannot identify, or a photo that at first seemed like a great idea for a feature, that when I sit down to write doesn't quite come together.


Three photos above: Todd McKee

Over the summer, I am starting a new feature, The Burn Off to share these images and stories. Usually things are burned off to simply get rid of them, like networks do with doomed series over the summer. Although that is a small part of what I am doing, I also think that although the shots and stories may not inspire a full feature, they are also too good to just shove into my recycle bin.

Below John Allen Nelson

While I was in high school in the early 90's I had a brief fling with the soap Santa Barbara. The NBC affiliate where I lived chose not show the show in the afternoon, instead airing it every night a midnight. It was the perfect show to sink my teeth into as I got into bed. Sadly the show did not last long but introduced me to actors Todd McKee and John Allen Nelson. I actually only watched for a short time and did not see John on the Show but I did become a fan later on. You can see more of my previous features with Todd HERE & HERE: and with John HERE:, HERE, HERE, & HERE

John & Todd




Images of Todd & John come from one of my favorite ebay sellers for both great pics of men, but also your favorite actors and actress's as well!

No comments: