Saturday, December 15, 2012

Stud #1


The great thing about IMDb is that actors can provide an online resume of roles for prospective employers and fans to see. The downside about IMDb is, that because it is public, it makes it wonderfully easy for us to find those early roles many actors might normally leave off their resume.


While checking out Jefferson Brown's IMDb page it was a great surprise to see that he appeared several times on Queer As Folk during it's run. Now I am not sure Jefferson would have dropped his four appearances from the show off his resume, but I am glad his characters, Stud #1, Party Boy and Birthday Boy #3 on for me to research.


In these caps, Jefferson plays Stud #1 in episode 18 from the first season. In the episode Stud #3 (on the right in most of these caps) is deep in the throws of a three way when Brian gets a call that his father has died. Brian, being Brian, takes a brief pause, then continues on with what he was doing.


Many Canadian actors, getting their start in the early 2000's made guest appearances on QAF and given it was QAF, most of them were required to make that appearance pantless. I have only begun really watching the show, I tried before but I really had little interest when it first aired. I wrote before that the character of Justin, and the actor who played him, annoyed me to the point of not wanting to bother. Thanks to Jefferson who had me curious, and the brilliant Gale Harold, who so incredible as Brian, I am currently watching the show in it's entirely for the first time.


No comments: