Friday, May 17, 2013

So Long Bill Hader!


'The nature of SNL is that it's so in-the-moment. I feel like I'm going to wake up in August and turn to my wife and say 'Was I really on SNL?' It went by so fast.'
Bill Hader (GQ)


Tomorrow night marks Bill Hader's last appearance as a regular on Saturday Night Live. Hader has been my favorite featured player since he began with characters as diverse as his Vincent Price and James Carvelle through characters Deven, Nitro and of course Stefon.


Stefon's appearances were scaled back at bit this season, maybe because they were getting a bit tired. I still loved however hearing the opening to Weekend Update if only because it meant there was hope we might get a few minutes of the tour guide to New York's coolest night club and hot spots!


Tomorrow nights guest host is Ben Affleck. Affleck hosted the week Stefon first appeared, so hopefully it is a good sign we see him one more time before Hader's departure!



No comments: