Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hidden Hunks: Tate Taylor


'There was a character in the play named T.J. who was the most confused of the Southern Baptist sissies. This character, after some intense experimentation, denies his homosexuality and hides behind his devout beliefs. The character had to dance in his underwear and make out with boys while simulating masturbation. Although full frontal was not required, there were lots of naked butts with underwear around the ankles. I quickly found a peephole in the scenery where I crouched nightly when I was off stage and I got quite a show.'


'At the first read-through, we were all enthralled with the actor hired to play T.J. He jumped into the role with gusto and was the first actor to strip down to his underwear in rehearsal. He was shameless and fearless. His name was Tate Taylor and I fell desperately in love with him.'
Leslie Jordan, The Huffington Post


Actor Leslie Jordan certainly is not alone. Although I loved The Help, it was not until seeing an image of Tate, his head in the lap of Octavia Spencer, along with Viola Davis in an issue of Vanity Fair from last year that I too became interested in the man behind the movie. Prior to directing and writing The Help, Taylor was also an actor, in many projects I had seen, but not noticed and now require some re-viewing. Tate teams up again with Octavia and Viola, directing them Get On Up, chronicling the rise of James Brown in the music industry due in theatres next year.


1 comment:

Bobby F. said...

What was the play's name? He has perfectly-beautiful blue eyes. I could stare at the for so long.