Saturday, August 30, 2014

Stories Still Untold. The Imagery of Ra Kai


'All art is sensual and poetry particularly so. It doesn't declaim or explain, it presents.'
William Carlos Williams


Most people who read FH, know how important story is to me. When I first saw the work of artist Ra Kai, I knew there had to be an interesting story to accompany the beauty within the imagery. There was a story, a fascinating one which added texture and meaning to his art. Stories however are not always ready to be told. Some must wait for the right time or the right listener. Some stories remain inside our heads, only shared through our work, our images, our passions.


'I want to capture the allure and beauty of male body, as separate body parts, or as a whole.' The photographs are mainly black and white, usually with very little light that would paint the skin and body contours in the dark background creating intimacy and mystery. I want to create pictures, where men are not just muscles and macho attitude, but also very beautiful and sensual creatures.'


Ra's passion lies in the field of the male nude, especially glamour and fine art photography. His first studio shoot was just over a year ago, his first nude shoot, a month later. Ra's images are both intimate, sensitive and very personal. For Ra, the process of shooting is a way to express himself while drawing closer to his hopes and dreams, the final images being the release.




'I would like to think that my pictures are a fusion of myself and my models'







No comments: