Friday, December 1, 2017

New Ways to Dream


'I am a man of few words...but
I show the world new ways to dream'
flondo


'flondo’s elegant, soulful, often erotic, sometimes provoking, always unique pictures have found a voice in K.W.’s lyrical, intricate, sensuous poems. Whether you read, or look, or watch words and images unfolding together as they inspire and complement each other, this dreamy, masterfully composed collection deserves unhurried contemplation.'


flondo may have been a man of few words, but his colorfully magical images spoke volumes. I first discovered flondo's work back in 2012 when I was working on a circus themed day. flondo's imagery fit in beautifully with the theme. I was recently again in contact about a feature focused on some of the historical images he created, using white wigs, cod pieces, and not much more. When my last attempts at contact were not responded to, I checked his Facebook and was sad to read that flondo had died earlier this month. flondo's images were so full of life and dream like fantasy, they reminded me of childhood fairy tales full of puppets that came dancing to life at night when no one was looking. Thankfully, flondo gave us all a peak into the night, and into the moments of magic.

No comments: