Sunday, December 24, 2017

Seasonal Sightings


When I was working on a piece earlier this year on Studio 54, (Just Like An Old Time Movie) I came upon this shot of some of the waiters and bartenders at Christmastime. I would love to have been in New York, and been old enough, to have visited the clubs during its heyday. There is something so nostalgic and iconic about the place. There is also something incredibly sad. Like all thing filled with tinsel and glitter, Christmas included, nostalgia and sadness tend to come as part of the package.

It had me thinking about Christmas Day, and wondering if people flocked to 54 on the 25th because they were welcomed, and they wanted to be there, or because they had no family, nor anyone they wanted to spend it with.  Maybe no other dinner invitations or other options for the day. I'm sure there were different reasons for different people.

Regardless, it had me hoping all of those FH readers celebrating throughout December are doing it where, and especially with whom they truly want to. Whether your surrounded by friends and family, or celebrating in quieter, more peaceful manner, I wish you a joyous 25th and beyond.

No comments: