Monday, February 26, 2018

Actor & Role: Dominic Cooper in Mamma Mia


Meryl Streep is one of my favorite actress's, but I have to admit that I struggle whenever she takes on a singing role. Like everything she does, Streep has studied and knows how to properly hit the notes, but her voice isn't especially strong, and for me, her songs were some of the weakest in Mamma Mia. Although I still love the film's closing credits, (to me the best partO, when I need a need a good ABBA fix, Muriel's Wedding packs a much bigger emotional punch for me.


I am a sucker for a good trailer though, and whoever put together the trailer for Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again knows how to build excitement, even for a sequel to a movie I didn't really like that much. After seeing the trailer, I DVR'd the original to give it another go. This time, I focused on enjoying the rest of the cast, especially Christine Baranski, Colin Firth and the delicious Dominick Cooper.


I have enjoyed Dominick in a number of roles, especially his turn in History Boys, and his sexy turn in The Devil's Double. I had forgotten however, that Dominick had a brief butt flash in a deleted scene from Mamma Mia and remember doing a previous post on it in FH's first year.


I thought it was time to feature the scene again, this time with a short clip. There were quite a few deleted scenes from the film, causing an internal fight with myself whether to order a copy of the film just for the bonus features...

Deleted Scene



& Just Because
Love this shot of Dominic, Russell Tovey and the cast of History Boys (2006) from Attitude Magazine.

No comments: