Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Gregory Harrison in Razorback


FH readers know that I love TCM, especially their Saturday Night midnight double features. They don't exactly start at midnight, more like or 2 or 3a.m, so I am usually watching them days, sometimes weeks later. I love that they often play horror flicks from the 60's, 70's and 80's and many of them, are films I had never heard before.


A couple of Saturday's ago I DVR'd 1984's Razorback. The Australian horror film focused on the attacks of a gigantic wild boar terrorizing the Australian outback, killing and devouring people along the way. That intro was enough to have me interested, but seeing that Gregory Harrison was in the case was icing on the cake.


I have featured Gregory on FH many times, but really haven't seen much of him on film or TV. Harrison was huge in the early eighties, but I fell in lust with the actor mostly from pictures in magazines from when I was a kid, I loved his hairy chest and curly dark hair. When I finally got on-line, I managed to find a copy of For Ladies Only, the male stripper movie Harrison starred in during the early 80's. I also found a copy of The Harrad Experiment and watched a bit of his short lived series Reckless a few years ago.


Razorback was ok, smartly filmed and scary at times but not a flick I'd look to watch again. I was reminded however how absolutely stunning Harrison was and still is. He had a brief shirtless scene, but it was his incredible face that grabbed my attention every time he was on screen. Harrison has the look of a classic movie star from the decades before he hit big, the dark hair, the beautiful eyes and incredible facial structure. Razorback reminded me of that early crush, and led to a few ideas about future posts...


No comments: