Monday, April 30, 2018

Just Because: 9JKL


9JKL wasn't a great show, it may not have even been a very good show, but I enjoyed it. There aren't many sit-coms on network TV that appeal to me these days, but 9JKL was comforting. I have loved Mark Feuerstein since his flash of ass crack on Once & Again (HERE:) a love that was cemented when he ran down the street towards Sandra Bullock in Practical Magic.  My crush on 9JKL co-star David Walton will of course, continue, and hope he lands another show (one that sticks!) very soon.


CBC quietly cancelled the show recently, quietly, as they didn't so much announce it as slip in with several cancellations. It was great seeing Linda Lavin back on TV and there was room for an old fashioned sit-com on CBS. The network that kept on muli-seasons of the horrendously bad Two Broke Girls and Two And A Half Men, could have found room for a comedy with a bit more heart, and far fewer jr. high penis jokes. R.I.P 9JKL.


No comments: