Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Thumbs Down: Entertainment Weekly


I am a magazine freak, at one time having subscriptions to close to a dozen magazines. The only magazine I current subscribe to is Entertainment Weekly. I had been thinking about cancelling, as I often end up reading the stories on-line, but out of loyalty, recently continued for another 6 months. I sort of regret after their most recent mistake of not including John Wesley Shipp and Mary Margaret Humes in their Dawson's Creek reunion photo shoot.


Mistakes happen, but this omission just wasn't a mistake, it was a cruel one. Clearly they included older cast members as the wonderful Mary Beth Peil is in the pic, but according to Mary Margaret, she and John were thought of, and called for interviews, but ignored when it came to the shoot. I LOVED Dawson's Creek and both actors played an important roles in the show, especially in the earlier seasons. The inclusion of Meredith Monroe, and especially Busy Philipps indicates the shoot was more about bringing together friends rather than actually reuniting a cast. I would be curious if the magazine ever gives the real reason, but it was an oversight which clouds the entire event. Somewhere Nina Repeta is either smiling, or silently weeping.


No comments: