Friday, August 31, 2018

Cool, Calm & Collected: Josh Mosier shot byKent


'I have always had that devil may care attitude and not caring what others think and just having fun with the shoot. I have also always been pretty open about my body and nudity in general.'


The web is full of millions of images of hot bodies and great faces. Tumblr makes it easy scroll through thousands of shots in a matter of minutes. The longer I work on FH however, the more I love and appreciate discovering something visually new. Earlier this summer I was excited to come across the work of byKent. There was something about Kent's work that drew me right in.


Kent's images have a beautifully organic eroticism, not overly manufactured or contrived. Kent wants you to see what he see's, the natural essence and beauty of person and body in front of his lens. Part of this may be because Kent is not just a photographer, but has also captured the male form as an artist and painter. Kent has also work closely with art models, supporting, teaching and coordinating their work in the Kansas City area. Kent is also a model and posed extensively himself for local artists.


Many of you may remember my post last month introducing FH readers to Kent's work featuring his work with Zat. (A Twitch of the Eyebrow) I loved the creativity and energy in Kent's shots of Zat and was eager to feature more of Kent's work. When it came to choosing another model to feature, I wanted to find a model and shoot with different look and vibe, and Kent's images with model Josh Mosier were exactly what I was looking for.


Zat's energy was kinetic and dramatic, channeling his experience as an actor into his poses and facial expressions. Josh's energy is more focused, more thoughtful and completely relaxed, almost like that chilled feeling after a long exhale. I also loved Josh's look, great body and face and even wearing glasses, his beautiful hazel eyes still penetrate through. I also love that Kent's work with Josh embodies two themes that I love exploring on FH. I love featuring art models and Josh has modeled nude for both artists and for art classes. This is also Josh's first professional photo shoot and although he's done art modeling, his work with Kent was his time modeling nude for the camera.


It was those art classes Josh posed for that led to his first meeting Kent. If you check out the second two images in this set, (with Josh in the tan plaid shirt) you'll notice a few of Kent's drawings of Josh. Despite this being his first nude shoot, Josh says it was a great experience. 'Not only does Ken do really great work, he made me feel incredibly at ease' I was curious to ask Josh more about his thoughts on nude modeling, body image and fitness and how exactly he would describe his look....


'My look, I would not know how to begin to figure that out. I guess if I had to describe it, maybe stoner with a bit of metro upkeep lol or I hate to say it... but hipsterish lol'


What attracted you to modeling?
'Going though college the first time for graphic design I was in a sculpting class and was interested in the concept of being on the other side of the creative process. I think I enjoy the freedom modeling offers, being able to make money while doing something I enjoy and also helping an artist with there work and seeing the final outcome. I have done some cool shoots and I enjoy a lot more of the outdoor stuff. Once while shooting naked outdoors I had a biker come across the path we were shooting on. I just kind of sat down, covered myself and waved lol.'

The Tats:
'The one on my arm is a Where are the Wild Things, sort of a symbolism piece of going out of childhood into manhood and because it was my favorite book growing up. The eagle on my back is a memorial piece for my grandfather who passed when I was young.'

Thoughts on nudity, body and fitness:
'I have always been pretty open about my body and nudity in general. I do yoga and run to stay in shape, occasionally I hit the rock climbing gym. I wasn't really nervous the first time I posed nude, I more excited at the opportunity, I was a bit worried about my family, I come from a super religious home. They don't look at most my work but are aware what I'm doing. I am most happy with my eyes, but would say that when posing nude the thing that gets the most attention from others would be my penis. During a recent art class gig I heard an artist say, 'Wow he has a large member.' lol



No comments: