Monday, October 29, 2018

Horror Hunks: Taylor Lacher in Devil Times Five


'One by one, the people at the cabin begin to fall prey to a series of rather shocking and violent deaths with no way out. What transpires is utterly disturbing in every respect and every sense of the word! Once you encounter the callous Devil Times Five, there is no escape from becoming Peopletoys at their merciless hands!'


I'm a little young to remember Leif Garrett as a teen idol, but I certainly got up through old magazines and his mostly shirtless images on the net thanks to days as one of Tiger Beats most popular hotties.  When I saw there was an old 70's horror flick starring Leif, and with a bit of male nudity, I had to check out it.


Unfortunately, Devil Times Five was filmed in 1974, and Leif was only about 13, but I wasn't the least bit disappointed.  Leif plays one of the five, a group of children brutally killing the residents of a secluded mountain top winter home. Devil Times Five (Peopletoys) also features Shelley Morrison, (Will & Grace)  Sorrell Booke (Dukes of Hazard) and Taylor Lacher.


Thankfully it wasn't Boss Hogg  doing the nude scene but studly actor Taylor Lacher who looks like he could be the son of Terry Bradshaw and Veep's Matt Walsh.  Lacher worked steadly on TV and film through most of the 70's and 80's often playing a cop or sheriff  (as he did on Nakia). Lacher also appeared on other shows including Charlies Angles, Rockford File, S.W.A.T, The Six Million Dollar Man Dynasty, Knots Landing, The A Team and T.J Hooker.


Although not traditionally great looking, for some reason Lacher did for me in this flick.  I have discovered over the years working on FH that I have a thing for beefy actors from the 70's and 80's, especially ones who show off their tan lines and great butts.  If I had just seen a picture of Lacher, I may have taken a pass, but I found nude scene incredibly hot.  The film was also creepy enough to hold my interest. 




No comments: