Saturday, December 22, 2018

12 Days: As Cuddly As A Cactus


Nothing says Christmas like a big green Grinch Ass
Fez, That 70's Show


Like most kids growing up in the eighties, How The Grinch Stole Christmas was both a holiday tradition, and a holiday highlight.  I remember having tantrums if there was anything in the way of watching the what was then, the one and only airing. 


When I first saw Jim Carrey in the 2000 Ron Howard directed film adaptation, I hated it.  I found it loud and abrasive with none of the magic of the original cartoon.  Over time, seeing bits and pieces again on TV, I grew to appreciate the film, and Carrey's performance.


Like the 2000 movie, I used to find Jim Carrey a little loud and abrasive as well.  I was never a huge fan of his until he appeared in one of my all time favorite movies, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  I loved that film and it had me seeing Carrey through a different lens.  Although I can't say any of his comedies moved onto my top 10 list,  there are some that have given me a few laughs.


Carrey is also one of those actors who moves in and out between goofy and sexy depending on the character he's playing.  So many of Carrey's characters are so 'over the top', he downplays his good looks. In some of his films, like Once Bitten, and some of his images when he's not making faces,  Carrey is incredibly hot.


In recently researching his nude scene history, I didn't expect to find much other than his nude scene in Ace Ventura Pet Detective.  Although Carrey never seemed shy about showing a little skin, it was usually more for comic relief. 


I was surprised to read recently that Carrey had a 'don't blink or you'll miss it' frontal in 1983's All In Good Taste.  It is very quick, but with the pause button, it's clear that although the Grinch may not have any visible genitalia, Carrey has no issues in that department.


If you want to see the scene, head over to Page 2 (HERE:) for an Actors & Skin piece on Carrey and his on-screen nudity. 




No comments: