Friday, December 28, 2018

Tis The Season?


When it comes to Christmas, I think those who celebrate are divided into two categories. There are those, who consider the holiday to be just one day, and quickly leave it behind once the 26th comes around.  Then there are those, like me, who milks Christmas out until January 1st or 2nd, sucking as much out of the holiday as I possibly can.  I know many FH readers groan around the holidays, aware that not a day, but a week or more of Santa Hats, pumpkins and Easter bunnies are in are store. 


Part of this of course comes from my love of most holidays, but in part it's due to how much I so often prefer the before and after more than the main event itself.  This year, like most, I worked up until the early evening on Christmas Eve.  My Christmas happens in waves, a small celebration on the 25th, another on the 26th and my main Christmas this year actually just happened this afternoon when most of my family finally came together. Today was the main day for gift giving, catching up and stuffing myself with far too much stuffing. 


Celebrating with different friends and family means I'm still wrapping and preparing even after the 25th has come and gone.  If you're one of those readers who wants the Santa hats shoved back in the box on the 26th, bear (or bare) with me.  The countdown is on and I'll soon be posting my last naked hunk in a Santa hat.  I eventually do put the hat, and the rest of the decorations away in a box, but always a little reluctantly.

Sam Dekker for COLT

No comments: