Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Manspiration: Holt McCallany


I started watching Netflix's  Mindhunter last year, mostly due to my love of actor Jonathan Groff.  I watched the first episode, and although found it interesting, it didn't grip me enough to immediately continue.


Last month, I found myself totally engrossed in The Ted Bundy Tapes, and when I finished the exellent four part series, noticed Mindhunter had moved back to the top of my 'continue to watch' list.  Netflix can sometimes be too smart for it's own good...


I began by re-watching the first episode as my memory was fuzzy on the details, and within a couple a week, had finished the seasons first 10 episodes.  Groff was great, but this time, I was drawn to actor Holt McCallany who plays Bill, Groff's FBI partner in the series.


McCallany's Bill is not the series most likeable, but he is a well crafted and interesting character that McCallany  beautifully plays.  Although Bill is weighed down from his job and life struggles, McCallany's sex appeal and swagger remained evidently clear.  I am already looking forward to season 2 scheduled to drop on Netflix later this year.


Some of you may remember McCallany from Fight Club or his many other appearances in film and on television.   I think McCallany's only nude scene was a brief butt flash in the 2002 submarine drama Below, which I capped below.

Blue Bloods (2014)

Fight Club (2004)


Below (2002)

There were a lot of hot men below the Atlantic, working USS Tiger Shark , the U.S. Navy submarine in 2002's Below. Fortunate for us, one of them, Loomis, (McCallany) was only wearing a towel when the sub was hit and damaged.  In all the chaos, poor Loomis lost his towel. 


No comments: