Friday, March 1, 2019

Second Nature: Antoine by Bob Burkhardt


'I REALLY enjoyed and embraced this shoot this time around.'


Most things considered organic don't start off polished or flawless.  Even naturally born characteristics can be buried for a time, or a little rough in the beginning.  Over the course of working on FH, I have learned repeatedly, that many of the most confident models, models who appear fearless standing naked in front of the camera, didn't start out that way.


The first time model and actor Antoine Lust posed for photographer Bob Burkhardt he remembers being incredibly nervous.  Despite working in an industry where baring his body and expressing his sexuality is central to his work, it wasn't something that necessarily came naturally for Antoine in the beginning.


'I got into this business because I was told I would be good in it. I was a freak, sexy, etc. I dated an adult entertainer some odd years ago. So, it was on my bucket list from that point on. Just took me years to explore it.'


It's funny how others so often see things within us, we either don't see, or don't acknowledge within ourselves. Even when we do feel or know that we have a gift or talent, fear of failure or rejection, can cause us to dismiss it.  Sometimes it takes the validation from others, to provoke us to act our initial intuition. Although Antoine is clearly incredibly hot, it wasn't necessarily something that he initially imagined, that he could transfer and develop into a lucrative career.


'I enjoy meeting people whenever i go out or visit other cities. My first video I was nervous as hell, but got into it quickly. I enjoy sex in every sense of the action. By the time I got to the second video it was nothing for me to be in front of the camera.. I never thought I would have the attention that I do or the following that I have.   It's kind of surreal. But, I enjoy it.' 


Just like his video experience, Antoine describes a world of difference between his first shoot with Bob and the second, which produced the images in this piece.  Antoine says that knowing Bob, having had worked with him previously, played a big part in how much easier  the second shoot was, and how comfortable he felt.  This time, Antoine shares, he felt more comfortable in his own skin.


'Antoine is wonderful and engaging man. He and I met a couple years back when I photographed him. He was in town recently and we decided to shoot again. He was great to work with again and his photos were better than ever!  I would love to shoot him again.'


Some of Bob's shots of Antoine will be featured in next months Body & Soul exhibit, now in it's ninth year of celebrating the nude male form at its most compelling.  You can check out more about the Atlanta exhibit HERE:  Also check out Bob's Body & Soul calendar (April 2019-March 2020) on Bob's site HERE:


You can check out more of Antoine Lust on Twitter HERE: 
& see out more of Bob's work with Antoine on PAGE 2 HERE:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a peter