Saturday, July 13, 2019

Dressed / Undressed: Kristian by Bodytorium


Apodyopsis: The act of mentally undressing someone, and imagining them naked


It is my belief, that you can't really appreciate a person in their entirety, unless you also see them dressed.   Most FH readers are aware, that when I can, I try to begin each series of images of a model with them dressed.  I often in fact, ask photographers who've sent on a series of nudes, if they have a dressed, underwear or portrait that I can include.


Although FH is about the male form, it's also about the man who inhabits that form.  Without face shots, or dressed shots, even just partially, it's too easy for the man, the person, to become just a cluster of skin and body parts. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a great naked body, but for me, the enjoyment is intensified by getting to know a little about the model and the artist behind the images we're enjoying.


Last week, I present Phil Dlab's (Bodytorium) image of Kristain.  (Hot Wine)  In the first set, Kristain was outside, under the sun, stretching, exercising and playing in the tree's.  When I first put the piece together, I mixed together the location and studio shots.  Visually, the piece wasn't flowing for me, and I wanted to feature this set separately.


These studio shots, especially the shots of Kristian dressed, reveal another side of the sexy Slovakian model.  I loved Phil's shots, and this series reminded me of the dressed/undressed (Dubbelaars/Doubles) theme that Ewoud Broeksma so often used to use within his work.  It was always a favorite theme of mine and love the creative ways Phil utilizes the theme within so many of his shoots.  Check out hundreds of additional shots of Kristian, and many other models on Bodytorium HERE:




No comments: